Frequently Asked Questions

1. How can I obtain information about licensing a business activity in Weaver?
Call the License Clerk at (256) 820-1121.
2. How do I make a water and trash pickup payment?
The office and the drive thru are open Monday through Friday (8:00 am to 4:00 pm). 
3. How do I report a dog that is unrestrained?
Call the Police Department at (256) 820-0530 and leave a message for the Animal Control Officer.
4. How do I report a problem after hours?
For all after hour emergencies, call the Weaver Emergency Dispatch at (256) 820-1121. 
5. Must tax filing be done online?
No.  However, the costs of administration for the City are lower when less manual effort must be applied to the input of paper reports and processing paper checks.  Also, the risk of manual data input errors from paper reports is eliminated.  Taxpayers typically find that their time and related costs of compliance are also lowered when they file online.
6. What do I do if my trash is not picked up?

You can call or stop by the City Water Services Department Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm.

500 Anniston Street 
Weaver, AL 36277
(256) 820-1121 

7. When a city water line is leaking, how do I report it?
To report a water leak, the 24-hour number is (256) 820-1121.
8. Who do I call if I have a tax filing or payment problem?

The toll free number  is 866-717-7362.